0004. Moon rocks


Do you journal or keep track of things?

Reading my old journals is quite the experience: entertaining, embarrassing, surreal...a time machine to my old self.

While I journal less these days, I found the habit of “tracking” from bullet journaling some time ago. I track things that I try to do every day (health and otherwise), but I also keep a special, little column where I write down something wonderful that I was lucky enough to witness.

Most of it isn't photographable - like a bumble bee shaking off rain or a student using calming strategies on her own. The goal is to remember that, even though terrible things are happening around us, there are also tiny things that, if you notice them, can lift you up and remind you that progress (unfortunately) is slow and the most you can do when you feel like _____ (never going back to the US) is give your best, where you are, to those around you, etc, etc.

So, like a hawk, I keep an eye out for the awe-inspiring ... moon rocks. (Blog iteration ... a weekly series of current and old favorites.) Little bits of magic are all around when you’re looking for them.

+ Above: Blurry sunset colors (after checking out my cousin's wedding venue in Cuenca).


+ Words: "...and he touched a feeling that we are all children who lose our parents, all of us, every man and woman and boy and girl, and we too will all be lost by those who come after us and love us, and this loss unites humanity, unites every human being, the temporary nature of our being-ness, and our shared sorrow, the heartache we each carry and yet too often refuse to acknowledge in one another, and out of this Saeed felt it might be possible, in the face of death, to believe in humanity's potential for building a better world..."
(And getting to read them in the sunny, plant-filled room that was my grandma's favorite.)


+ Music: Talking Heads. (Still? Always. This time for helping me with writer’s block.)

Even though I’m not currently there - holding my breath till tomorrow, maybe someone will change their mind.

Wishing you a moon rock filled weekend. 

PS. Let's be ig friends :)  @tpssteph

Comments

Popular Posts