0023. Library list


I love libraries, they're just the best. Bookstores too, but libraries hold a special place in my heart. I remember going there when I was little and it's a love that has only deepened. A few weeks ago, I went to the library for a yoga class that turned out to be cancelled so it was the perfect time to peruse. I randomly selected three titles by women and a few in Spanish for my mom. Do you ever get into reading phases? I have a bunch - nonfiction, science fiction, but one of my favorites is "books by women," which is what I was going for while browsing. I finished "Goodbye, Vitamin" by Rachel Khong and it was wonderful  - a quick read, heartbreakingly sweet, and funny. I highly recommend it.

"There is no frigate like a book" ... which is why they are a favorite gift to give or receive as well. AB and I have been popping into bookstores just for fun/to browse and successfully searching our re-use store for titles that would be good as gifts. Books are perfect to buy secondhand - affordable, you're supporting a good cause, and unless you know you'll cherish it forever, it can be taken right back or donated to the library to spread the wealth.

On my reading list:

+ The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri (current read)

+ Euphoria by Lily King

+ Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

+ Swing Time by Zadie Smith

+ This Mournable Body by Tsitsi Dangarembga

+ Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

+ Spineless: The Science of Jellyfish and the Art of Growing a Backbone by Julie Berwald


I'd love to know - what's on your reading list?

Comments

  1. Reading ‘Girl Woman Other’. Just finished Digital Minimalism. Nothing thrilling on my ‘to read’ list yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooo i also want to read 'girl woman other'. did you like/benefit from 'digital minimalism'? as someone who always has wayyyy too many tabs open it intrigues me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts